The Children's Place Celebrates Gratitude Bruncheon
Kansas City, Mo. –The Children’s Place will celebrate some of the most impactful individuals and groups in Kansas City at the agency’s annual Gratitude Bruncheon on Aug. 30 from 10:30 a.m. to noon. The event takes place at Hotel Kansas City and includes an award ceremony to honor some of the last year’s top volunteers, donors and corporations. This year’s honorees are:
- Rudy Liggins – Legacy Award: A teacher at The Children’s Place for 42 years who is now retired and serving on the Board of Directors. Liggins is also the namesake of Rudy Bear, the lovable green bear who greets every child as they enter The Children’s Place.
- Distribution By Air – Corporate Champions of Philanthropy: A longtime corporate partner of The Children’s Place that has hosted a pumpkin patch event for the children each fall for more than 20 years.
- Laura Jones – Advocate for Hope: A committed volunteer currently serving on the Board of Directors who has helped with everything from hosting events at her house to pushing lunch carts down the hall.
- Sheila Hayes – Volunteer of the Year: A loyal volunteer in the toddler classroom since 2017.
- Katherine Ellis, Jenny Kim & Kathy Schirger – Community Impact Award: Members of the agency’s Angel Board who also have taken the lead coordinating the Teen Board, which is The Children’s Place’s newest auxiliary board.
- Mallory Wellner – Young Philanthropist of the Year: The former chair of the Young Ambassador Board who spearheaded the group through the pandemic and beyond.
“The Gratitude Bruncheon offers us a chance to honor all who have partnered with us in our mission of helping young children heal from life’s deepest hurts,” said Ann Thomas, President & CEO of The Children’s Place. “The Children’s Place is fortunate to be surrounded by so many generous individuals and groups who believe in the importance of early mental health intervention and give selflessly to support their healing.”
Learn more at childrensplacekc.org/bruncheon.
The Children’s Place is Kansas City’s specialized trauma treatment agency serving the mental health needs of young children since 1978. The Children’s Place provides four distinct programs to offer a holistic continuum of care and a multi-disciplinary approach to mental health healing through the Day Treatment program, Counseling Center, Family Support Services and Screenings & Assessments. Learn more at ChildrensPlaceKC.org.