The Children's Place logo

Individual Retirement Account-Required Minimum Distributions (IRA-RMD)

IRA Transfer to Save on Taxes and Help Children

If you are 73 years old or older, you can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to The Children’s Place without having to pay income taxes on the money.  

Why is this method of giving so popular? 

  • Your gift will be used today, letting you see the difference your donation is making in the lives of children and families.
  • You pay no income taxes on the gift, meaning you can have a larger impact on young children healing from life’s deepest hurts. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions. 
  • If you have not yet taken your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement. 

Tax ID Number: 51-0195216 

Contact Us for Help

We are happy to help you throughout this process to make it as easy as possible. Contact Allison Chael, Corporate & Individual Giving Manager, at or 816.363.1898.

The Children’s Place’s Tax ID Number: 51-0195216 

Child with mural

The Children’s Place cannot give tax advice but can provide you with the documentation and information you need to share with your advisor. Please consult with your advisor with any tax-related questions.